Sapporo Kokyu Imono, Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "our company") recognizes the protection of personal information entrusted to us by our customers as a social responsibility, and declares that all employees will work on the following items.
Regarding the use of personal information
Usage of personal data
- To confirm, investigate, or refer to the content of inquiries received by us and to reply to such inquiries;
- To confirm, investigate, or refer to the content of employment applications received by us and to reply to such applications;
- To conduct selection based on the personal information stated in resumes and career histories;
- To inform applicants of interview dates, selection results, and other relevant information;
- To determine wages and manage employment after selection;
- For other purposes for which we have obtained the consent of the person concerned.
Restrictions on Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties.
In conducting our business activities, we will make efforts to appropriately collect, use, and provide personal information in consideration of the nature and scale of our business, as follows:
- Prior to collecting personal information, we will disclose its intended use, except in cases outlined in (2).
- We will not use personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the intended purpose without obtaining the consent of the individual. However, this is not applicable in cases outlined in (2).
- We will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the individual's prior consent. However, this is not applicable in cases outlined in (2).
We may acquire, use, or provide personal information without obtaining the customer's consent in the following cases:
- When required by law.
- When necessary for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and obtaining the customer's consent is difficult.
- When particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the healthy upbringing of children, and obtaining the customer's consent is difficult.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government, or a person entrusted by such an entity in performing tasks required by law, and obtaining the customer's consent may interfere with the performance of such tasks.
- When notifying the purpose of use to the customer or disclosing it may harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the customer or a third party.
- When notifying the purpose of use to the customer or disclosing it may harm our rights or legitimate interests.
- When the purpose of use is obvious from the circumstances.
- When we have notified or disclosed in advance the following items:
- That the purpose of use includes providing personal information to third parties.
- The items of personal data provided to third parties.
- The means or methods of providing personal information to third parties.
- That we will suspend the provision of personal information to third parties upon the customer's request.
- In conducting our business activities, we will make efforts to appropriately collect, use, and provide personal information in consideration of the nature and scale of our business, as follows:
Disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of personal information
- When we are requested by the individual to disclose their personal information, we will promptly disclose it to the individual. However, we may not disclose all or part of the personal information if there is a risk of harming the individual or third party's rights or interests, or if it may significantly interfere with our business operations.
- When an individual requests correction, addition, or deletion of their personal information due to it being untrue, we will promptly conduct the necessary investigation within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use, except in cases where special procedures are prescribed by other laws, and based on the results of the investigation, we will correct, add, or delete the personal information and notify the individual accordingly.
- When an individual requests the suspension or deletion of the use of their personal information due to it being used beyond the scope of the stated purpose or acquired by false or other inappropriate means, we will promptly conduct the necessary investigation, and based on the results of the investigation, we will suspend or delete the use of the personal information and notify the individual accordingly. However, if it requires significant expenses or is difficult to do so, we may take necessary alternative measures to protect the individual's rights and interests.
Safety measures for personal information
We take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, as well as the loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information
Laws regarding the protection of personal information
We comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, other laws and guidelines related to personal information protection.
Data retention period
Our company determines the retention period of personal information of our customers within the necessary range for the purpose of use, and promptly erases it after the retention period has expired or the purpose of use has been achieved. However, this does not apply if any of the following items listed in Article 10, Paragraph 2 of "Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in the Telecommunications Business" apply:
- When retention is required based on the provisions of laws and regulations
- When there is consent from the individual concerned
- When a telecommunications business operator needs to retain personal information within the scope necessary to perform its own duties and there are reasonable grounds not to erase such personal information
- When there are special reasons not to erase such personal information, in addition to those listed in the preceding three items.
Management of employees and contractors
- We regularly conduct necessary audits on our employees and contractors to ensure proper handling of personal information and strive for continuous improvement.
- In addition, we may entrust the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to third-party contractors for various services, billing, marketing, and other business operations.In such cases, we select contractors who are deemed to handle personal information properly, establish appropriate safety management measures, confidentiality agreements, conditions for subcontracting, and other matters related to the handling of personal information in the entrusted contract, and implement necessary and appropriate supervision.
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by our company, please contact us at the following:
Sapporo Kokyu Imono, Co., Ltd.
13-12-2 Hakkou 13-jo, Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido 063-0833, Japan